results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=96660
Question: Would you buy a new Squeezebox player if it became available?

- Yes , if less than $100
- Yes, if less than $200
- Yes, if less than $500
- Yes, if less than $1000
- Yes - price is no object; I just want the best sound
- No - I would NOT buy another Squeezebox player

I would like any new product to return to the thin client roots of the
SB system. Only this can truly provide the long lifecycle that fits
audio products without vastly over-engineering the device.
I am not going to throw more than $/€ 500 in an audio device (except
speakers) as a matter of principle. As durable and competent as it was,
the $2000 Transporter was not in my league. But I would have upgraded
some of my SB 3s to a newer upmarket model in the $500 range, had it
retained the thin device concept (Touch was cheaper than that but not
durable enough in my opinion.)
I doubt many would consider a $500 product for their first device.
Something around $200 is needed too I think. The Boom was almost the
miracle entry device, albeit a bit large and too expensive in absolute
terms (value has proved quite good.)