garym wrote:
> The number of squeezebox customers of logitech is so very tiny compared
> to their total customer base that I doubt Logitech cares about them one
> way or another. And longevity in today's computer hardware market is 2
> years max. After that the assumption is throw away and replace. Logitech
> will make business decisions based on what their management thinks will
> maximize shareholder value. If they think that bad publicity will have
> an impact on their bottom line, they'll think about this. But again,
> squeezebox sales have been only a "footnote" to Logitech profits.

You're probably right,Gary. I definitely respect your opinion. The "2
year and then throw it away" part is hard for me to understand. It's
true,IMO, that hardware becomes outdated in a short time (2 years), but
the hardware is still functional for an indefinite period of time. I
have computers over ten or more years old that are functional though
lacking some newer features. Cellular phones still function after many
years. My expectation of a product that is purchased, especially an
audio device, is that it will be functional for an extended period of
time. I believe that intentionally terminating the functionality of a
purchased product is uncharted territory. I do believe that LOGITECH
will stand by us. Time will tell.