Ikabob wrote:
> You're probably right,Gary. I definitely respect your opinion. The "2
> year and then throw it away" part is hard for me to understand. It's
> true,IMO, that hardware becomes outdated in a short time (2 years), but
> the hardware is still functional for an indefinite period of time. I
> have computers over ten or more years old that are functional though
> lacking some newer features. Cellular phones still function after many
> years. My expectation of a product that is purchased especially a radio
> is that it will be functional for an extended period of time. I believe
> that intentionally terminating the functionality is uncharted territory.
> I do believe that LOGITECH will stand by us. Time will tell.

I agree that the hardware can last forever. I have perfectly working
radios from the 1930s, 40s, and 50s (I collect old radios).  I expect my
Squeezebox hardware to last many years as should you. And with LMS and a
computer or NAS that can run LMS, the core functions can continue
forever. So nothing worth worrying about. Things will work out I'm sure.