toby10 wrote:
> The issue is the time frame and level of support, not their good
> intentions or whether they mean what they say......... now.
>
> Time Frame:  Technically they could shut down MySB.com tomorrow and
> Dudley's statement would still be accurate because they "continued
> support" for a period of time after they discontinued the SB hardware
> players.  In this hypothetical and nonsensical case, a few months time
> frame.  So the question is:  what is a reasonable time frame?  One year?
> Two years?  Five years?  Ten years?  Every party involved (users, third
> party developers, subscription services, Logitech) will all have their
> own idea of a "reasonable" time frame.
>
> Support Level:  Even if MySB.com exists five years from now, at what
> level?  How often might we see outages?  How long to fix broken Apps and
> services?  Service providers like Rhapsody may update their API, how
> long for (any remaining) techs to update the MySB side?  What services
> will even be available on MySB two years from now?
>
> But noone knows the answers including Logitech.  It's the great unknown
> of time frame and service level that won't be answered until it happens.
> The one big ace in the SB hole is the similarity between MySB.com and
> UESmartRadio.com.  Being so similar it likely would not take a
> monumental effort to keep MySB running & updated if they are doing the
> same for UE..... for as long as UE lasts anyway.  :)

Excellent points and I totally agree. Because of the large numbers of
consumers who have invested large amounts of money in these excellent
LOGITECH products with expectations of longevity and functionality, I do
not think LOGITECH would want the publicity from disgruntled consumers.
The meaning of the word "reasonable" might be interpreted differently.

LOGITECH has been a successful company and earned a reputation by
maintaining high business and ethical standards and they and their
shareholders, no doubt, wish to maintain this public image and
reputation. I really have faith that LOGITECH will do the right thing
and honor their obligation to its loyal and supportive customers. IMHO