ModelCitizen wrote:
> Logitech bit off more than they could chew. They're basically a pile 'em
> high, sell 'em cheap box maker. They bought a geeky, buggy  software
> based product which they wanted to quickly turn mass market. They got in
> over their heads. They missed huge potential even though it was staring
> them in the face. They were just the wrong company to buy this
> product... unfortunately for us.

If this is true, which it might be, and the reason they EOLed
squeezebox, then there is only one question:

WHY ON EARTH did they immediately announce UE radio, that uses the same
hardware and, lets be frank, the same software?

That's the bit that makes no sense, dump and piss off what are extremely
loyal users and scrap all their hardware, and yet continue with what is
all but in relatively minor details the exact same product? If SB was
really unworkable, I predict UE radio will continue to burn money then
they'll close that down too.

Your point about bugs is extremely valid. I am at a loss as to why after
so many years there are still glaring bugs in the code. Perhaps it's
just that their software engineers are no good? In which case UE radio
is not going to work either.