Triode wrote:
> It will be for the audiophile community which wants to use usb (several
> people using touch for this for example).  Some dacs work best with usb
> others best with spdif.  John can comment in more detail than me, but I
> think we need to make sure both work.  Otherwise there will be a
> parallel development of people wanting usb dacs and looking at other
> hardware which will fragment the effort....

I think we want to do both USB and S/PDIF. A good impelemetation of
async USB is very different than a good implementation of S/PDIF, the
result is that most DACs are better at one or the other, even if they
contain both inputs.

Theoretically a REALLY well done USB should be better than a REALLY good
S/PDIF, but there are so many variables in implementation that making
generalizations about existing products is next to impossible.

John S.