JohnSwenson wrote:
> At least in the beginning we will probably still be using LMS, so the
> existing plugin interface will most likely be used for the server side.
> But on the player side it does not look like we will be using
> SqueezePlay which had the "applet" infrstructure. Some simple aspects of
> player to server communication for things like IR blaster was embedded
> in slimproto, but I don't think we need to stick with that if we don't
> want to. A lot of work was done with JSON outside of slimproto.
I completely agree for now, but I think we need to have in the back of
our minds a desire to move away from LMS -if that's the longer term
plan- and planning with this philosophy now could save many a headache
later.

My own opinion is that the LMS architecture has had its day and we
could, if inclined, develop a new architecture that could emulate
slimproto to allow older SBs to function without requiring new firmware.