soundcheck wrote:

> * It seems that squeezplayer was never intended to work with Android
> devices that come with wired ethernet . All network options refer to
> wireless only.

There is only one warning when you start the program, that wireless
opposed to 3G is preferred an can be turned on automatically.
This warning can be turned off in the settings.

> * The sound quality is rather aweful.
> [...]
> I'm running Toslink out for the time being. Even my SB Duet over
> Toslink sounds ten times better.
> I'm wondering if squeezeplayer passes the soundsystem by. I doubt it.
> Volume at 100% is e.g. lower than my SB Duet Toslink.
> If SP is tight to the restrictions (Android mixer etc)  that you'll
> find on many flavors of Android devices, this could mean serious
> degradation.
> Android is not known for good audio quality -- at least without
> putting some effort into it.
> Afaik Android ( at least some flavors)  is limiting the maximum
> volume etc. I'm not sure what it does with sample rates etc.

You answered your question yourself.
The 'AudioTrack' API supports 48kHz, 16Bit maximum resolution.
Everything else must be downsampled.
There is no direct hardware access on Android.

Did you know: *'SqueezePlayer' (www.squeezeplayer.com)* will stream all
your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? *'Squeezebox + iPad =
SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)*
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)