Hi there.

I haven't read the whole thread. Please apologize if below remarks are
kind of redundant.

I've been trying squeezeplayer on my Minix NEO X5. and Android 4.1.1

Some comments:

* It seems that squeezplayer was never intended to work with Android
devices that come with wired ethernet . All network options refer to
wireless only.

* The sound quality is rather aweful.

I'm running Toslink out for the time being. Even my SB Duet over
Toslink sounds ten times better.
I'm wondering if squeezeplayer passes the soundsystem by. I doubt it.
Volume at 100% is e.g. lower than my SB Duet Toslink.
If SP is tight to the restrictions (Android mixer etc)  that you'll
find on many flavors of Android devices, this could mean serious
degradation.
Android is not known for good audio quality -- at least without
putting some effort into it.
Afaik Android ( at least some flavors)  is limiting the maximum
volume etc. I'm not sure what it does with sample rates etc.

Is there an option to use e.g. audio device with direct hardware
access like hw:0,0 on Linux to avoid e.g. plughw:0,0 and system mixer
??
Afaik some better sounding apps seem to handle this stuff on their
own.

Perhaps somebody has an idea how to do some quick Android audio
tuning. Otherwise I'm gonna install a Linux with squeezelite on that
device.

Cheers

::: ' Touch Toolbox and more' (http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com) :::
by soundcheck