I am not aware of any Guest mode.

DHCP is disabled on the secondary router and its IP address is outside
the range of the primary router.  I have disabled a number of settings
relating to internet access. The primary router (192.168.1.1) assigns
192.168.1.2 to 99 and the secondary router's IP address is
192.168.1.101.

The wireless network name and SSID are the same on both routers to allow
any devices connected to one router to connect to the other when moved
around the house.  What is strange is that my laptop will connect to the
Squeezebox server over the wireless network from the primary router but
the iPad won't.