PasTim wrote:
> I am finding it increasing difficult not to tell the BBC that when they
> say RTMP was turned off, and that's why Listen Again doesn't work on
> Internet Radios, that they are telling an untruth. My understanding is
> that they did was change the URLs in a way the devices couldn't handle.
>
> Some may say that if I do this they really may turn the feeds off.  But
> I also have read that they are used for computer iPlayer Listen Again
> feeds, so there's no risk to the great facilities provided by bpa for
> now.
>
> The reason I feel the BBC should be told is that it shows they don't
> know what is really going on at all, and that the change could probably
> be reversed if they put their minds to it (even if just by clever use of
> URLs).
>
> Can I ask for comments?

Not a good idea - they could just as easily mess the up the whole
caboodle (based on past experience!).   If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I'm sure you're right about them being out-of-the-loop since I suspect
the whole thing (despite claims they are involved) is being implemented
by Unified Streaming .... and maybe the interface with the BBC end is
being handled by the ubiquitous 'Kevin' who's probably on a zero-hours
contract.  You did see W1A, didn't you???!!!

Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers
Logitech Radio
Logitech UE Smart Radio
Raspberry Pi + Squeezeplug LMS + Squeezelite
Cubieboard + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100
bluetooth speaker
O2 Joggler + SqpOS + Aune X2 T-amp + Mordaunt Short ms-3.40 speakers
IBOX + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100 bluetooth
speaker
Squeeze2upnp - Sonos Play1 & Vistron internet radio (Reciva)