PasTim wrote:
> I'm not feeling noble, just annoyed!  Still, I agree that I shouldn't
> say anything until and unless I'm very sure of my facts (although we do
> know for sure that bpa's BBCiPlayer Extras is still using RTMP, don't
> we?).  Even then I'll try not to say anything unless I can persuade at
> least some people here that it is for the best.

Stop talking about this. Andrew Scott words are nuanced he said the
*syndicated* streams (i.e those people who are allowed to use the XML
feed) have stopped using RTMP.  The Extra plugin uses old unpublished
feeds  (i.e. Andrew Scott said "reverse engineered") which may be cut
off at any time.  BBC could (if provoked) easily change browser to use
HDS still using Flash so it is technically very easy but there may be
contractual issue yet to be sorted.