ChipMonk wrote:
> I'm sorry but I really don't understand what you are banging on about.
> You requested advice and, in good faith, we gave it - with reasons. What
> you do with that advice is your business. Some of us have simply said
> that we think that, at this stage in our very "asymmetrical
> negotiations" with the BBC, we may have more to lose than to gain by
> alerting the BBC to the RTMP streams.
>
> As for hypocrisy - where on earth does that come into it? The BBC is
> withholding information which would allow its paying audience to listen
> to its output - whilst telling everyone what a splendid job it's doing.
> Their withholding of information is detrimental to listeners. We are
> simply trying to get back the service we have paid for - well those of
> us in the UK anyway. Firstly, we don't know the validity of the "RTMP
> stream information" and secondly, any blagging on our part long lines of
> "Hey Auntie, we know something about RTMP which you don't" can merely
> result in further degradation of our services. Some of us would regard
> that as counter-productive.
>
> Therefore, I'm not sure what good your somewhat "holier than thou"
> approach would achieve but, no doubt, you'll do as your conscience, or
> ego, dictates.
>
> You are not alone in feeling a little delicate about all this - many of
> us have wasted far too much of our time on it over the past six weeks.
> I'd much rather be doing something else but, perhaps like you, I believe
> this is a battle worth fighting, especially on behalf of those less
> technically able than ourselves.
>
> We have precious little leverage with the BBC so shouldn't squander what
> little we have - or get sidetracked with internal squabbles.
>
> Rant Over!
Someone else has commented about this on the bbc blog today, so the
issue has got out into the open anyway.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS & Squeeze2upnp to MF M1 CLiC (to MF amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Minimserver (server) & upplay (control
point) to same renderers & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Squeezelite to
Meridian USB Explorer DAC to speakers/phones.  Wireless Xubuntu 14.04
laptop with firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.   Have a Touch
with EDO, and a spare, but don't use.