jstraw wrote:
> I'll go looking for the original files and see what this would entail. I
> can't promise anything right now but I'm sure it's something I can
> tackle...soonish, if not immediately.
>
> I think it would probably be good for them to say something other than
> "Squeezebox Touch" for the sake of other devices. I'm open to
> suggestions.

jstraw,

I saw your post in the "Building the best Pi LMS Player" thread where
you asked what thread is best suited for discussing your updated analog
VU meters.

First of all thanks for your continued support. As these high-res VU
meters are specific to JiveLite and especially the Joggler skin (which
to my knowledge is the only skin still under active development) I would
suggest you continue in the
_JiveLite
(\"http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98156-Announce-JiveLite-cut-down-squeezebox-control-application\";)_
or
_JiveLite_for_piCorePlayer
(\"http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103330-Jivelite-for-piCorePlayer\";)_
thread. All development on the Joggler skin, at the moment, is for the
piCorePlayer's included version of JiveLite (made by Ralphy).

> I definitely want to replace the words "Squeezebox Touch" with something
> that's not product-specific. I'm open to suggestions. It wouldn't be too
> hard to make more than one version of text...and dark and light
> versions.

I am in the process of making my first analog VU meter and am also
struggling with a decent name. As a placeholder I opted for JiveLite
Touch.

> I'd like to future proof these by making them easy to scale down from
> the largest likely display. What size should I shoot for, 10" displays?
> What are the pixel dimensions for that size?

It's not really about the display size but about the resolution of the
Joggler skin. The Joggler skin is, in my opinion, the only real
successor of the original Touch interface. All other HD skins lack
certain features compared to this skin. The current Joggler skin
resolution is 800x480 which is why the official Raspberry Pi display
(which has the same resolution) is such a good match. To be future proof
you could develop your new meter in a vector based program like
Illustrator/Inkscape.

> Lastly, and please understand that this is not intended as extortion
> because I will make the new version regardless. Is there anyone here
> that enjoys building these contraptions enough to make me one if I
> either pay for or purchase and provide the hardware? Seriously, only if
> someone enjoys making them...

Where are you located? And what kind of contraption are you looking
for?

I will post other JiveLite related stuff in the JiveLite for
piCorePlayer thread.