Grossmann200 wrote:
> Regarding my setup?
> Well ... I am not a networker and usually I have to fix my technical
> "home" problems with the help of the internet :-). I have the situation
> that the modem of my ISP is very far away from my desktop computer,
> network storage etc. Because of that I connected to ISP-modem a router
> configured as a host and in the other room another router configured as
> a client. On the client-router I have now connected all my "stuff"
> including the RaspberryPi with the Logitech Media Server. If this is a
> 1a setup ... I don't know. But it is working.

ok how is your isp Router connected? Coax "Cable" or two line
"Telephone"?

You have to know - how your setup is working and that your 2.nd "router"
(its a routing Bridge) in fact halfs your Bandwith cause its acting as
sender abd reciever over wlan.

I would move the ISP router to your desktop router in case of two wire
its a peace of cake in case of coax you'll need the help from the cable
provider (the shield between the in House ISP Connection point and your
ISP provided Router) must be ~ 95 dB!!! You cannot lengthen or shorten
it whitout changing the internal resitor.

Or buy some lan over power devices between the ISP Roter and your two
Wlan Bridges.