Mnyb wrote:
> Over the years some shortcomings of the built in alac and aac decoder in
> Touch has been discussed.
> I’m not sure if this gap issue is one of them .

Gapless AAC has been discussed a numebr of times - one of the issues is
the file format - IIRC unlike MP3,AAC in a  M4A format has a file
structure which if not set up right then the boundaries between files is
apparent.  I think the trick is to force LMS to always do AAC to Flac
decoding - that can removes the "boundary" between files and make
gapless appear. Older players always transcoed but newer player have
native AAC which means the boundary issues is apparent.

OP should read other posts such as
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108464-AAC-not-fully-gapless

which links to the thread where andyg says AAC gapless is not there in
newer player (2012).
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?93714-Gapless-playback-no-longer-working-properly