kidstypike wrote:
> Squeezebox/LMS is *not* for non-techies, I know, I tried to set up a
> system for my sister (I even bought her a Squeezebox Touch), no go, she
> and her partner couldn't get their heads round it. They finished up with
> a Bose speaker in every room and a Spotify account, controlled from
> iPads/phones.
>
> To demonstrate what the online music experience is like, I would suggest
> an Amazon Echo Dot, and a Spotify account. They'll be amazed!
>
> P.S. I got the Touch back. :)

The problem with the echo dots is the poor audio quality.  The Google
minis have better sound, but are nowhere as flexible with
services/skills.

The screen versions are probably worth the extra - either the Show 5 or
the Google Nest Hub.  The Googles have chromecast as a big plus (and can
easily be integrated into LMS if required)..

LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers:  Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam,
Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google
Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5,
Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6,
Avantree Priva BT transmitter