Khuli;268109 Wrote:
> Wow - you're not kidding
> http://blog.stereophile.com/ces2007/107sooloos/
At a first glance I'd say that thing is not worth it.  It's expensive
partially because they've got 1Tb of flash memory in there which is a
very odd choice.  Well, it's a great choice if you've got money to burn
but look here:
http://www.storagesearch.com/semico-art1.html
Flash is a factor of 100 more expensive than HDD and contributes
nothing to the overall performance of the device, and is a very
expensive solution to the disk noise problem.  The $300 SqueezeBox does
a reasonable job straight out of the box (I have it connected to a
$50,000 stereo which reveals bad input quite well) leaving $12,700 to
spend on the much more tricky analogue stuff, which I would guess would
give a higher end audio quality.
jeffmeh;268113 Wrote:
> That's my party solution also.  Set up the playlist in advance, start it
> playing, and hide the remote.
Somewhere there's a SlimServer plugin that locks the UI down, hiding
all the dangerous stuff behind a password but allowing people to fiddle
with the current playlist.

--
hellesangel