ceejay;281293 Wrote:
> Jim
>
> One thing to watch out for when coming up with the new structure - you
> need to be clear about the level of detail that you are going to deal
> with in any one place/page.  On any topic you can think of, there will
> be a lot of detail which people will want to know ... but if you throw
> all that detail at someone who is just starting out, looking for some
> simple answers, you will very quickly lose them (see most wikis on
> Linux for examples of this!!).
>
> Another thing to remember is that if you over-structure all the
> information, it becomes useless to someone whose understanding is not
> sufficient to make sense of the structure you've defined.  This is a
> bit like the problem with a lot of FAQ systems - if you can't phrase
> the question, you never find the answer.  This was the thinking behind
> the structure of the current Beginners Guide pages which are
> deliberately written as a narrative - the only thing you need to know
> before you start is that you are a "beginner".  I'd hate to lose
> that...
>
> I thnk there may be as many as three different levels of information:
> 3 - the really detailed stuff
> 2 - a simplified how-to guide
> 1 - a narrative overview
>
> Just a few thoughts.....
>
> Ceejay

Not to worry, ceejay, we're keeping the "Beginner's Guide" category.
To address the other comments about good information being available
only under the Beginner's Guide, we can use multiple categories to make
that info appear in other places.

For example, if we use [[Category:Beginners Guide]]
[Category:Ripping]], it has two paths from the ToC to the content.

-=> Jim

--
JimC

"well, she wasn't all of that, but she sure was some of that."  --
BKlaas' college buddy