slimkid;289321 Wrote:
> Sinatra,
>
> I fully agree with you here, and no matter how hard somebody might try
> to justify or rationalize, this functionality is broken. I used to have
> BAND tag (on flac files), that didn't behave according to wiki/help
> docs. Then I converted them all to ALBUMARTIST and they behave
> differently, but still not fully rationally. So there is a first issue
> BAND is not the same as ALBUMARTIST, contrary to documentation.
>
> Then, BAND is not properly sorted. ALBUMARTIST is, but ALBUMARTIST
> introduces silly notion of 'track artist'. That is ARTIST on the track
> that includes ALBUMARTIST becomes something called Track Artist. Track
> artist isn't recognized as ARTIST when it comes to  matching other
> works. That means, for example that you can have Diana Krall as a guest
> (ARTIST) on the album where Ray Charles is ALBUMARTIST. If I'm listening
> to that track, and try to follow the artist (Diana Krall) I can't get
> anywhere, even though I have 6 other albums where Diana Krall is an
> ARTIST. I have to enforce COMPILATION to 0 in order to achieve that.
> ... a lot more on COMPILATION tag tp come.

wow.

that all sounds awful.

i can't speak to those issues, but i believe you.

i think you will have to explain however via the conventions snarly
explained to me, that only when talking about SC7s internal tags should
u capitalize the tag names.

i am interested to see you document via a bug entry each of your
issues.  i don't think a "compilation" tag should ever be necessary for
anyone, or to put it another way, i haven't seen a case yet where its
required b/c there is no other way to fix the issue.

i personally think its crazy that in all this time, slim has never
treated TPE2 tags for mp3s properly.

i mean, why is it so hard to get this problem (of mine) acknowledged
and fixed?  it seems to me all that needs to happen is TPE2 needs to
fill in both BAND and ALBUMARTIST for SC7s internal tags.

is there a reason this can't be done and hasn't been done since i got a
SB in 04 or 05?

btw, here is a link of SC7s when i however over an album:

http://127.0.0.1:9000/browsedb.html?hierarchy=album,track&artwork=1&orderBy=contributor.namesort,album.year,album.titlesort&level=1&&album.id=1444&player=00%3A04%3A20%3A05%3Acf%3Acf

notice "order by" and then it says "contributor."

seems to me that means "List albums by Band" means SC7 should sort by
that internal tag, and that internal tag is BAND, at least as far as
what the display says.

but for some reason it uses ALBUMARTIST instead, and for me, that value
is blank b/c SC7 does not use TPE2 to fill it.

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 (primary) / SBR (secondary) / Jive - w/SC 7.0.1beta - Win
XP Pro SP2 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - D-Link DIR-655