Zaragon;298543 Wrote:
> I think that the buffers are the same. What you describe though does
> tend towards suggesting that you have a problem with the wireless.
> Wireless problems would tend to cause dropouts (skipping) and a slower
> server would have problems keeping up exaggerating the problem.
>
> It seems likely that there is interference causing the problem. Whilst
> this won't show up as a reduction in signal strength it will show up as
> a lack of throughput. Only realtime activities would be affected if the
> interference isn't very big and PCs with larger receive buffers aren't
> as likely to display the problem.
>
> There are applications such as NetStumbler which can help you look for
> other wireless networks causing problems but lots of other devices
> operate in the same range of frequencies which can also interfere.
>
> If your wireless router is on the standard or auto channel it may be
> worth you changing the channel to another moving you away from an
> interfering signal.

Thanks for the suggestion. There are 2 other networks detected by my
Duet but both of them uses channel 11 and my network uses channel 2.

If I run NetStumbler on my laptop in my livingroom 20 networks are
detected and again none of them uses channel 2. My Duet and wlan access
point is located below ground level and that is probably why only 2
other networks are detected.

Ole

--
_OS_