Hi,

I'm using restlet with google app engine. I need to support session state. If a
user logs in, I want to remember that they're still logged in when they switch
between pages, so they don't have to keep re-authenticating.

I read through the posts here about sessions not being supported by restlet,
which I don't full comprehend (I am new to this).

I have a login servlet, and am doing something like this:

    if(ProvidedUserParametersAreOK){
       session.setAttribute("user", "name");

then in my other servlets, I'd like to check if the user is still logged-in:

    HttpSession session = request.getSession(false);
    if (session.getAttribute("user") != null){
        User user=(User)session.getAttribute("user");
        //user logged in

but we don't have access to the session in our ServerResource derived servlets.
If a restful application is not supposed to support sessions, where would I
keep this session state information then? Just wondering how to implement this
really,

Thanks

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2590519