It's hard for me to see Comet as RESTful. I would consider it a new
use of HTTP that demands a new way of thinking. You'd probably want to
use a lower level API than Restlet, so you can fully leverage
asynchronicity.

Have you considered repeat rapid polling instead of using Comet?

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2592758