Here's another of the old notes that didn't make it...

From: Charlie Arehart [mailto:careh...@carehart.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 10:54 PM
To: 'discussion@acfug.org'
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] CF Applications hosted on third party
webserver/hosting services

Ajas, I've seen the replies from others. There are often many things that
can apply to problems like this. You've gotten good feedback to start.
There's also a rather dated PDF for sale at http://www.cfperformance.com/,
which may help.

I'll throw out that solving these sort of problems is just what I do, on a
consulting basis (often for as little as an hour or less). More at
carehart.org/consulting/. There are others who do this as well, and I list
them at http://www.cf411.com/#cfconsult. My focus is not just to "fix the
problem" but also to educate my clients to be able to better identify and
resolve things on their own next time. There are a lot of facets to this,
and knowing the right solution for a specific problem can be challenging. I
focus on showing the diagnostic tools to help give you the info to make an
effective decision to make changes (often configuration, not coding).
Sometimes I'm brought in for days at a time, as this week, where I'm working
with a large publishing company in the mid-west, so I may not be able to
reply to more messages in this thread, for several hours tomorrow. Hope you
resolve your issue.

/charlie