> The "god box" is always a bad idea.

Yeah, I told him the "God Box" idea was a bad one. Figured I should look
into it anyways. Right now his pfSense box is a Dell pentium III 866Mhz
(same as the box I'm using right now to make this email) with 256Mb
SD-100 ram and 5 added in Nics (plus the integrated, for a total of 6).
I had a similar box running a SAMBA domain server and it was alright, so
I thought I'd try to combine the two. But I digress. The God Box is out.
Got that.

As a matter of fact (this is probably a generic BSD question) he wants
me to do the impossible again: He has an old K6-2 box laying around and
he wants me to put in a 300GB seagate drive to do a network back up to.
I told him the tech is too old to support 300GB (its ATA/UDMA66 or
whatever; too many titles for the same thing)
But he read some tidbit on Seagate's site that a mobo BIOS flash or
using the seagate software will make it so the drive can be used, and
apparently that means I can do it (completely ignoring the fact that the
hardware came years before even 100 GB drives) and I'm a slacker for not
making it happen.
So the question is, if I jumper the drive to limit it to 32GB so the
darn computer will actually boot (the BIOS freezes detecting the drive),
can I get FreeBSD to recognize all 300GB? I probably should check the
FreeBSD man pages, but being as ill as I am right now, I feel like
asking you guys first (ya'll seem nice enough ;) )

thanks for the help!
Anthony
(stupid flu!)