DarkFoon wrote:

So the question is, if I jumper the drive to limit it to 32GB so the
darn computer will actually boot (the BIOS freezes detecting the drive),
can I get FreeBSD to recognize all 300GB? I probably should check the
FreeBSD man pages, but being as ill as I am right now, I feel like
asking you guys first (ya'll seem nice enough ;) )

You can try "dangerously dedicated mode" - now under the "wizzard"-mode in the fdisk-editor, where you create the partitions.

But I guess any 75$ PC from ebay will correctly detect and work with a 300 GB disk nowadays.
Is your time worth so little?
:-)

Rainer