On Tue, Aug 03, 2010, Steve G. wrote about "Re: Good Free Software projects for
people who want to start or rejoin programming?":
> 3. I can tell you from experience that it does not require English to be a
> professional programmer. I once took a class in C, and the best student in
> the class, a very experienced assembly and c programmer, who could barely
> speak English and took the course because he needed the certificate to work
> in the US. He occasionally helped the teacher with coding.

C is a 30 year old language, with dozens of books translated to Hebrew,
thousands of Israelis who know it and can teach it, and so on. So now you
can indeed learn it well without knowing a word of English. But what
about newer technologies? When Linux 2.6.35 came out last week, do you
think it came with documentation in Hebrew? Of course this is just an
example....

Nadav.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |       Wednesday, Aug  4 2010, 24 Av 5770