On Tue, 10 May 2016 10:55:38 -0400
Donald Stufft <don...@stufft.io> wrote:

> I think TOML is more usable than ConfigParser and in particular I think that
> the adhoc post processing step makes ConfigParser inherently less usable
> because it forces a special syntax that is specific to this one file. It also
> means that there's no "right" answer for when you have two different
> implementations that interpret the same file differently.

That's true. OTOH, the question is how much better it is for users
that it's worthwhile bothering them with a syntax change that will
require (at one point or another) migrating existing files. TOML doesn't
seem that compelling to me in that regard (quite less than YAML, and I'm
not a YAML fan).

(as an aside, if there's the question of forking an existing parser
implementation for better vendorability, forking a YAML parser may be
more useful to third-party folks than forking a TOML parser :-))

Regards

Antoine.