On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 12:30 AM Jan Musílek <jan.musi...@nic.cz> wrote:

> Hello! I hope I'm addressing this issue to the right place. Pradyun Gedam
> suggested [1] to open the discussion here.
>
> PEP 508 dependency specification [2] is generally considered to be
> replacement for dependency links. However, version specifiers are missing
> from PEP 508, so I can't specify:
> package >= 10.0 @ https://github.com/owner/package.git

What would this do? I don't think there's any way for pip (or any
program) to look at a git repo and extract a list of which revisions
correspond to which python package versions. I guess you could have
some hack where you guess that certain tag strings correspond to
certain versions, but it seems pretty messy to me...

-n