Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> What would this do? I don't think there's any way for pip (or any
> program) to look at a git repo and extract a list of which revisions
> correspond to which python package versions. I guess you could have
> some hack where you guess that certain tag strings correspond to
> certain versions, but it seems pretty messy to me...

Well, I'd like it to do the exact same think as dependency_links did before
they were removed from pip. AFAIK it was possible to specify `package >= 10.0`
in `install_requires` and then
`https://github.com/owner/package.git#egg=package-0` in `depencency_links`. I
don't really see into the pip internals, so I'm not sure how pip did it in the
past. But it's a real issue [1].

[1] https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/5898

JM