azinck3 wrote:
> Though, if you're comfortable enough with technology to use a smartphone
> to scan a barcode it would seem you should be equally comfortable using
> it to select music with iPeng or something similar.
Agreed. I associated camera with smartphone, but surely it is better if
the input sensor stays with the book/the player (a wand scanner or
perhaps a webcam.)
I just played a few minutes with qtqr on ubuntu, it won't work with a
Toucam USB webcam that I stored 10 years ago (640x480), but it does
readily work with the cam embedded in a cheap netbook. The codes I
printed were larger (> 1inch square) than a barcode, though.