mftech wrote:
> This PSU works as a replacement for the original PSU used in the
> Transporter:
>
> Here's the reference:
>
> No soldering involved but you need to remove the original connector.
> I used double face tape to fix the PSU on the chassis.
>
> 26571

mftech,
I really like your suggestion since it eliminates the marginal PS
altogether. That said, JoeMuc2009's solution is as cheap as you can get
- 4-5 caps replaced and mounted off-board to alleviate the heat issue.
I'm torn but I'm going with the new replacement Meanwell PS (MPM-30-5ST)
so I never have to think about it again. ~$20US from Digikey or Mouser
makes it a no-brainer for this  stateside transporter owner.
Thanks to both of you for all the legwork!!!