Ok, we get it, some people want this feature.  I'd like to kindly
request that people just saying "+1" stop.  The number of people in
this thread is minuscule compared to the size of the django user
population, trying to extrapolate from 1, 10, or even 100 people in
this thread to a large percentage of the community wants this is
simply not possible.

The video I linked earlier had a critical point that I think a lot of
people are missing, adding a single filter may not add a lot to the
developer's burden directly but it impacts the perceptions (and
realities) of what kinds of things are reasonable for inclusion in
core.  The simple fact is some people want this, and some don't.  Not
having this is not an intractable problem for people who need it, in
fact it's a trivial one.

I don't really care whether this is included or not, but it seems to
me that there's very little in terms of new ground in the discussion.

Alex

--
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your
right to say it." -- Voltaire