Hi,

first of all, I agree with Luke that it's hard to fix this if it's
possible at all [1]. The only real problem I have with this ticket
beeing closed is the backwards compatibility issue. Decorating admin
views worked just fine in 1.1 and r11660 broke it (At least I hope it
worked in 1.1, but as the admin view wasn't decorated at all there, it
should have worked). Imho we should at least consider documenting it,
and maybe mention it in the release notes, as custom admin code might
break by an upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2.

Cheers,
Florian

[1] http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/12804