On Dec 5, 7:08 pm, Alex Gaynor <alex.gay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It depends *why* it's slow.  If it's slow as a consequence of all the bytes
> calls and extra encoding/decoding, yeah I'd say that's a blocker, because
> it'll never improve otherwise.  On the other hand if it's slow because
> psycopg happens to be slow on py3k, well, that's someone else's problem
> then and I'm ok to  merge it.

I've just started a run on unported Django with my postgresql
configuration. No hard data yet, but it seems just as slow as the dots
get printed to the screen. I guess that might be good news for the
port, but we'll wait and see what the final time is ... just to give
an idea, I re-ran the test on the port, but without using RAMdisk for
the data (but still with fsync = off), that took around 3h 15 min ...
I've only got a GB of RAM, running in a VM, and have done no tuning
other than fsync = off, so data from other testers might be more
representative than my own.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip