On Dec 5, 7:08 pm, Alex Gaynor <alex.gay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It depends *why* it's slow.  If it's slow as a consequence of all the bytes
> calls and extra encoding/decoding, yeah I'd say that's a blocker, because
> it'll never improve otherwise.  On the other hand if it's slow because
> psycopg happens to be slow on py3k, well, that's someone else's problem
> then and I'm ok to  merge it.

Further to my earlier post, I do now think it's my PostgreSQL
configuration. I aborted my test of unported Django running with
psycopg2 - it had run 1223 tests in 4871.121 seconds, which would mean
an average of 4 seconds per test! The full suite of 4475 or so tests
would then take almost five hours! I will try to test with psycopg2 on
another machine, but that might not be possible for a while, so I'll
have to rely on the good offices of others like Anssi for some more
timely results.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip