On Dec 6, 12:45 am, Ian Clelland <clell...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After a lot of troubleshooting, and fun installing Python3.2 under
> virtualenv (Vinay, I think I ran into the same issue as you
> here:https://github.com/pypa/virtualenv/issues/194), I almost have the
> complete
> test suite running under MacPorts Python 3.2.2.

That's good news about the state of the tests on MacPorts 3.2.2. I
hope Carl reads your mail about the virtualenv issue :-)

> While installing Vinay's port (cloned freshly this morning from Bitbucket),
> I had to edit four files, in order to get them to run under Python 3:
[snip]
> Did I miss a step here, or not see an error which should have been
> corrected earlier? Nobody else has commented about Python3 syntax errors,
> so I'm thinking it's my process.

No, I got those today, too - but not on earlier days, for many days. I
suspect that it's something to do with merging upstream changes into
my port, but I haven't pinned it down. I pushed my changes this
afternoon, so you could try pulling my changes and re-testing.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip