On Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:21:09 AM UTC-7, Russell Keith-Magee wrote:

> That said - could Django be faster? Sure. *Anything* can be improved.
>
> So, if you've got a suggestion, make it. If you think URL resolving is
> the source of the problem, propose a way to improve the speed of URL
> resolvers. If you think the template language is the problem, propose
> a fix.

To do my part to increase the signal:noise.

I'll point out that just as writing a failing test is a great way to
augment a bug report - contributing or improving a benchmark for:

https://github.com/jacobian/djangobench

would be a good way to contribute to a discussion around a particular
performance improvement you're interested in seeing happen.

-Preston