I am happy that there will be support for autocomplete in the admin in
1.11, if this issue/pull-request gets resolved:

https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/14370

https://github.com/django/django/pull/6385/

I looked at the changes of the docs of this pull request.

It seems that only the contrib module "admin" gets improved.

Is it planed to add an autocomplete widget in the django forms library?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/37be52f6-8aa6-428c-a6ba-24c17424102b%40googlegroups.com.