Looking at the list, I think the only gain that required 3.5+ was typing.
The performance was due to which version was installed and not a real
feature. That stated, should the installer add typing from pypi as a
requirement (assuming someone adds typing info).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CACiOJ6uPOL-XZ00ePq1ERs8C49BLmm-rMyskdAFjKLtMkCST0g%40mail.gmail.com.