One of the biggest gains would be allowing third party packages to begin to
add type hints, if we support 3.4 this won't happen for a while at least.

Other gains, for Django and third party  packages include:
- code improvements using unpacking generalizations
- speed improvements with OrderedDict and lru_cache
- support for the Http status enumeration in stdlib
- much faster directory iteration function with scandir
- other general speed improvements (
https://docs.python.org/3/whatsnew/3.5.html#optimizations)

Apart from type hinting (which is a contentious issue) there are not any
big gains we get from 3.5 over 3.4. lots of small ones though.