With a little more than a month to go until the Django 2.0 alpha (targeted
for September 18), I'd like to make a final decision about whether or not
to keep Python 3.4 support for Django 2.0. Jenkins is currently running the
tests on pull requests with Python 3.4 and 3.6. I've seen a few times where
contributors first used Python 3.5+ syntax and then had to make adjustments
for 3.4 compatibility so while it's not a large burden, it's not a
non-trivial one.

Has anyone changed their thinking in the last few months? If not, I guess
we'll keep Python 3.4 support for Django 2.0 and drop it for 2.1.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/356d7e07-0be0-4200-a5da-0d092dd2e761%40googlegroups.com.