Another related question -
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/writing-code/unit-tests/#testing-other-python-versions-and-database-backends

provides some terse advice for running the unit tests with different
backends.   Is that essentially what is happening with a test
like https://djangoci.com/job/django-oracle-1.11/, or is it more specific?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/5bfa1fe2-38b2-4086-bc57-f9badec93489%40googlegroups.com.