Firstly, greetings everyone I'm new here but I am looking to learn and use
Django more so...

I see the edge cases being a issue but I am for Oracle going out of core.
And in order to maintain and/or expand MySQL support  how is the the
implementation of MariaDB <https://mariadb.org/> going so far?

I quick glance revealed this much:
https://github.com/django/django/search?q=mariadb&unscoped_q=mariadb

Thanks,