Hi Carlton !

Seems like you're having as much fun as I had when doing releases
manually :D Just sharing some food for thought here.

Nowadays I have it automated and rely on setupmeta to keep myself away
from touching setup.py, and just have to push git tags :
http://github.com/zsimic/setupmeta

Then a silly little script like that to publish to pypi :
https://yourlabs.io/oss/shyml/blob/master/shyml/sh.yml

All python modules on yourlabs.io/oss have this kind of setup ... of
course you're still stuck on jenkins so I can understand it's not as
flexible as say gitlab-ci or drone-ci, but there's probably also a
way.

Hope this helps

Keep up the good work, you'll make it !

Have a great day