Hi All,

Thanks for all the comments.

Cloning to a tmp folder and checking out a specific commit is both quick
and easy. That's not a bad idea: it should eliminate the point of failure
that occurred here.
(The `git clean` step should do that too, we use the `fdx` flags to
eliminate ignored files etc, and it does remove build and dist dirs, but...
well... something went wrong.)

I want to add automated running of the test suite against the generated
src-dist. That would have caught the issues too. This seems to me to be the
most reliable way to verify that what got packaged was in fact correct.

I don't think we need to automate any further the final actual shipping of
the package. `twine upload -s` is pretty easy, and I do worry about us
putting the signing keys on even a private server really.

Grrr. Definitely sub-par yesterday. Onwards! :)
C.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/ac3e4168-139c-4973-a1fc-e6e1e3b3a45e%40googlegroups.com.