On 12/10/2020 6:01 PM, Kurt Andersen (b) wrote:
I think that is much closer to the right semantic but highlights a problem that the mail coming from a particular domain probably doesn't rate a single broad-brush characterization of seriousness.

I've assumed the none, quarantine, reject choices are meant to indicate just how certain the domain owner is that the mail is problematic.

Perhaps:

    none: not certain at all

    quarantine: I believe I've got control of all my sending, but am not 100% positive

    reject: I have control of all my sending; if it doesn't pass DMARC, it's use of the domain is bogus.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
dcroc...@gmail.com