On 29 maj 2011, at 20:13, Walter Bright wrote:

> For those doing compiler patches, I know it's a tough job, and thanks!
> 
> But please consider running the dmd test suite (and try to build/run phobos 
> unittests) before issuing a pull request. There are a lot of 
> interdependencies in the compiler, and the test suite is designed to flush 
> them out. The cool thing is the test suite consists of cases that are already 
> minimized! The suite also is designed to not take that long to run.
> 
> I run it constantly when I do dev on the compiler, and I constantly get 
> dinged by it for something I overlooked. I consider the D test suite to be a 
> major asset for us.
> 
> Please use it. If you've got problems using it, please post here and we'll 
> try to help.
> _______________________________________________
> dmd-internals mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals


I don't know how to run it. I've tried this, in the "test" directory:

* Running ./do_test.sh, results in:

/do_test.sh: line 106: /combinations: No such file or directory

The path to "combinations" seems to be wrong, why is it searching in "/"?


* Running "make", results in that dmd can't find druntime or phobos. I actually 
don't know how this is supposed to work with the different repositories. There 
isn't a dmd.conf file in the repository?

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg

_______________________________________________
dmd-internals mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals

Reply via email to