On 2011-05-29 16:33, Michel Fortin wrote: > Le 2011-05-29 à 16:24, David Nadlinger a écrit : > > On 5/29/11 8:57 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote: > >> * Running "make", results in that dmd can't find druntime or phobos. I > >> actually don't know how this is supposed to work with the different > >> repositories. There isn't a dmd.conf file in the repository? > > > > Same here, on OS X 10.6. If I set the DMD variable to my system > > installation (which has a dmd.conf), I get: > > > > --- > > Running runnable tests > > make --no-print-directory run_runnable_tests > > make[1]: *** No rule to make target `test_results/runnable/A16.d.out', > > needed by `run_runnable_tests'. Stop. --- > > > > The problem is probably easily solvable, but I didn't have time to look > > into it yet. > > I think the root of the problem is that it's not easy to setup things so > that DMD, druntime, Phobos, and DMD's test suite are compiled together. > > For my own use, I made an Xcode project that does all that (with some > scripting that invokes the makefiles), but it took me some time to setup > things. Perhaps what we need is a repository which would contain all those > repositories (linked as submodules) along with the necessary code to make > everything build. That way you can just clone that integration repository > and compile everything in one go (and run all the tests) with no hassle. > Perhaps I should create one...
I don't think that git can have sub-repositories like that. Certainly, git-svn can't deal with repositories that an svn repository references. You have to pull them all in individually and manage each of them individually. So, I don't think that having a repository which holds the others is going to work unless it's literally copying the code from the other repositories. It can't link them in. - Jonathan M Davis _______________________________________________ dmd-internals mailing list [email protected] http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals
