On 29 May 2011 19:13, Walter Bright <[email protected]> wrote: > For those doing compiler patches, I know it's a tough job, and thanks! > > But please consider running the dmd test suite (and try to build/run phobos > unittests) before issuing a pull request. There are a lot of > interdependencies in the compiler, and the test suite is designed to flush > them out. The cool thing is the test suite consists of cases that are > already minimized! The suite also is designed to not take that long to run. > > I run it constantly when I do dev on the compiler, and I constantly get > dinged by it for something I overlooked. I consider the D test suite to be a > major asset for us. > > Please use it. If you've got problems using it, please post here and we'll > try to help. >
I advise you add a README.md to the root of the dmd repository with contents looking something like: ---- # DigitalMars D Compiler and Test Suite Compiler and test suite for the D programming language - http://d-programming-language.org/ ## Building Replace $OS with windows, linux, osx, freebsd, solaris or openbsd depending on your operating system. cd src make -f $OS.mak ## Pull Requests When creating pull requests, please make sure to run the test suite before! Even if it's a small change and you think it's not needed - you'd be surprised what a small change can break! ## Running the test suite I actually don't know how to do this, but some instructions should go here. Also take a look at http://github.github.com/github-flavored-markdown/ for information on formatting in this file. ---- I could clean this up and make a pull request if you're interested? ;) -- Robert http://octarineparrot.com/
_______________________________________________ dmd-internals mailing list [email protected] http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals
